Why should I install an
American Recreational Tram System?
- An American Recreational Tram System will improve the quality of
life for you and your guests. Steps can be exhausting, potentially dangerous and require maintenance
and replacement. With the press of a button you can be on your way,
safely and comfortably to previously difficult or in some cases, totally
- With an American Recreational Tram System you will not have to
worry about the safety of older guests and young children climbing up
and down your hill.
Our Hill-climbing tram system can increase your property value by
providing comfortable, easy access to your waterfront.
- An American Recreational Tram System is a safe, sensible solution to
your steep waterfront property. A tram will allow you to make
several trips up and down your hill to run errands or to restock coolers
without having to feeling the burn of muscle strain.
Is an American Recreational Tram
System easy to operate?
- Yes! An American Recreational Tram System features push-button
access that can be easily operated by people all ages. The buttons
are well marked and color coded so even young children can safely
operate our tram system.
- Our computer regulated speed controller provides comfortable acceleration
and deceleration, allowing for a smooth ride for you and your guests similar
to that of a modern commercial elevator.
How many people can safely
ride in the passenger car?
- Our spacious passenger car can carry up to 1000 lbs and rides
comfortably from top to bottom.
The passenger car is 4 x 5 feet and will comfortably carry four average
adults plus all the necessities for water recreation.
Can a person with physical
limitations use the tram system?
- Yes! An American Recreational Tram
System makes it easy for people with physical limitations or
disabilities to enjoy your waterfront. People of all ages and
abilities can use and enjoy an American Recreational Tram System.
A special handicap accessible passenger car is available for
those with special needs.
How fast can the tram passenger car travel?
- The passenger car will smoothly travel 60-90 feet per
minute. The ride is relaxing and enjoyable from top to bottom.
What safety features does an
American Recreational Tram System employ?
- Our tram system includes six independent braking systems, three
individual galvanized cabling systems and a passenger car that cannot
tip off the track. Top and bottom limit switches as well as an
over-limit braking system automatically ensures that the passenger car
will not travel past the designated landings.
Can the passenger car
accidentally tip or fall off the track?
- ABSOLUTELY NOT! The passenger car has combined 6 inches of
steel as safety guides that lock the passenger car onto the track.
determines the cost of an American Recreational Tram System?
- The total length of the tram,
the angle of
the terrain and the expected rock and soil composition are factors in determining factors of the cost of an
American Recreational Tram System. Other factors include
installation time and the transportation of materials to your
- We provide an on-site evaluation to identify these factors and to
provide you with a complete, comprehensive installation quote.
- All required components are fabricated in our company owned
manufacturing facility to ensure quality control, and to reduce the
final cost to the customer.
How is an American Recreational
Tram System Powered
- American Recreational Tram Systems uses three phase technology.
This allows for computer regulated speed control providing the
smoothest ride possible for you and your guests.
- Three-Phase electrical and control systems are
used extensively by manufacturing & production companies in the United
States due to superior performance, durability, increased efficiency and
reliability while reducing wear and tear on the equipment minimizing the
need for repairs.
Do I need three phase electrical
- No! Our three phase system does not require three phase electrical
service in your area. We use phase converters to modify a normal
220 volt power source to three phase operating power in the control
Is an American Recreational
Tram System used strictly for waterfront property?
- No! An American Recreational Tram System is very
versatile and is appropriate for any mountain, lake, river, or other
steep terrain locations where numerous outdoor steps would be necessary.
- An American Recreational Tram
System can be your safe, sensible solution even when traditional steps
are impractical or even impossible.
What do I do when the tram
passenger car is at the opposite end of the track?
- Control buttons are located at the top and bottom of
an American Recreational Tram System. If the passenger car is at the top of the track,
simply push the down button and the car will automatically travel to the
bottom-landing site. If the passenger car is at the bottom of the track,
simply push the up button and the car will automatically travel to the
top-landing site. It is quick and easy with the up, down and stop button
How can I prevent
unauthorized use of the tram system?
- We install a lockable ON/OFF disconnect box
for each tram system. For additional security, the circuit breaker for the
tram system located in your circuit panel can be switched to
the off position.
- Optional keyed access can be
provided in the control button assembly to restrict access to your tram
What would happen if the
power failed while the tram is being used?
- The electronic braking system is always engaged when the
tram is in use. In the event of a power outage the electronic
break would engage and would immediately stop the passenger car on the track.
What would happen if the
main cable failed or if it should break?
- The 졣k Cable or Cable Failureⲡke would immediately
activate, stopping the passenger car on the track. The passenger car
cannot come off the track and our system has six independent braking
systems for your safety and peace of mind.